CARMEL, Indiana – The Franciscan Health Orthopedic Hospital Carmel and Forté Sports Medicine and Orthopedics facility is now open. The Orthopedic Center of Excellence offers a full spectrum of care for musculoskeletal conditions, ranging from the most common to the most complex, to patients throughout Indiana and much of the Midwest.
The hospital, which is owned and operated by Franciscan Health, provides services in collaboration with Forté Sports Medicine and Orthopedics, an independent physician group that chooses to practice at Franciscan Health. Both medical organizations have long been recognized as national leaders in orthopedic surgery and related clinical care.
Located at 10777 Illinois St, Franciscan Health Orthopedic Hospital Carmel and Forté Sports Medicine and Orthopedics includes:
- 166,481 square foot orthopedic hospital
- 68,955 square foot medical office building
- 15 inpatient and outpatient surgical suites for orthopedic procedures including total joint replacement, spine, shoulder, elbow, hand, hip, knee, foot and ankle conditions
- A pre-surgery center, staffed by Franciscan Health physicians working closely with patients to reduce the risks of complications
- 23 inpatient beds
- Full spectrum orthopedic surgery with computer integrated operating rooms
- Stryker® MakoTM robot-assisted joint replacement
- Minimally-invasive endoscopic spine procedures
- Franciscan Orthopedic Surgery Center (a Franciscan Health and Forte joint venture)
- Franciscan WorkingWell/HEALTHeACCESS Direct to Employer Clinic (opening in May)
- Forté Fast Orthopedic Urgent Care Clinic
- Forté Orthopedic Research Institute
- Forté state-of-the-art center for physical therapy and occupational therapy
- Forté sports performance and athletic training center, including onsite turf field, pitcher’s mound, basketball court and dance studio, for high-performance and tactical athletes
- Pain management, sports performance, primary care sports medicine, and sports chiropractic care
- Physician clinics
- Advanced imaging center (MRI and CT) and laboratory services
- A multi-story parking garage and a sky bridge connecting it to the hospital
- Future development of an on-site fitness trail for area residents and visitors to enjoy
More details and other information about Franciscan Health Orthopedic Hospital Carmel can be found here. To take a virtual tour inside the Orthopedic Center of Excellence, click here.
Media Relations Manager